The Claims Bureau (a trading style of The Mortgage Claims Bureau Limited) currently based in Littlehampton, was established in 2012 offering a claims management service for regulatory action through the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS) and Financial Ombudsman Service(FOS) to consumers who had been mis-sold a mortgage.
At the same time, they outsourced legal action, and later FOS claims, to a carefully selected panel of law firms. TCB expanded the scope of claims to include mis-advised pension transfers and unregulated investments, also known as unregulated collective investment schemes (UCIS), which are very high-risk financial products unsuitable for sale to retail clients.
The specialist team grew in 2017 from 20 to over 40 offering a wider range of mis-sold financial product services, enjoying a success rate of over 95% on behalf of their clients. The business continues its success and is investing further in technology, compliance, staff training and supporting infrastructure.
Financial Claims Management Services:
- Mis-sold regulated mortgages
- Mis-sold occupational and personal pensions (into SIPPs and SSAS)
- Mis-sold unregulated investments
- Deposits for off-plan unbuilt developments in Spain
- Repayment mortgages in Spain where interest rates were kept artificially high