At the Professional Financial Claims Association, www.pfca.org.uk, we are committed to safeguarding and preserving the privacy of our visitors.
Please note that all data captured will be used and held in accordance with the requirements of the Data Protection Act 1998 and the EU General Data Protection Regulation 2016.
We do update this Policy from time to time so please do review this Policy regularly.
What is Personal Data?
Under the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) personal data is defined as: “any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person”.
Information We Collect
In running and maintaining our website we may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information about your use of our site including details of your visits such as pages viewed and the resources that you access. Such information includes traffic data, location data and other communication data.
- Information provided voluntarily by you, for example, when you register for information.
- Information that you provide when you communicate with us by any means.
Use of Your Information
We use the information that we collect from you to provide our services to you. In addition to this we may use the information for one or more of the following purposes:
- To provide information to you that you request from us relating to our services.
- To provide information to you relating to other services that may be of interest to you. Such additional information will only be provided where you have consented to receive such information.
- To inform you of any changes to our website or services.
- Where your consent has been provided in advance we may allow selected third parties to use your data to enable them to provide you with information regarding unrelated goods and services which we believe may interest you. Where such consent has been provided it can be withdrawn by you at any time.
General Data Protection Rights
When you supply personal information to the PFCA, we have a legal obligation to you in how we protect and use that information. We must, for example, tell you when we are collecting such data and why, and if we intend to pass this information on to a third party. You must give us your permission if you wish us to pass your details on to a third-party partner.
We will not retain data longer than is necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected or as required by applicable laws or regulations. All personally identifiable data collected will be deleted, as required by applicable law.
Storing Your Personal Data
In operating our website it may become necessary to transfer data that we collect from you to locations outside of the European Union for processing and storing. By providing your personal data to us, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We do our upmost to ensure that all reasonable steps are taken to make sure that your data is treated stored securely.
Unfortunately the sending of information via the internet is not totally secure and on occasion such information can be intercepted. We cannot guarantee the security of data that you choose to send us electronically, sending such information is entirely at your own risk.
Disclosing Your Information
- Where we are legally required by law to disclose your personal information.
- To further fraud protection and reduce the risk of fraud.
Third Party Links
Access to Information
In accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and EU General Data Protection Regulation 2016 you have the right to access any information that we hold relating to you.
Last updated June 2018